Effective Date: May 22, 2019
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Online Tracking
- Information We Share
- Your Choices
- Links to Other Websites
- How We Protect Personal Information
- How to Contact Us
Information We Collect
We may collect certain personal information when you choose to provide it through our Sites. The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Contact information, such as your name and email address
- Other personal information in messages you provide to us on our Sites, such as through the "Contact" or "Sign Up for More Information" feature
- Any other information you elect to share with us
A "cookie" is a text file that websites send to a visitor's computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor's browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A "web beacon," also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we collect "clickstream data," which is a log of content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. If you wish to disable the storage of cookies on your computer, you may do so using the settings on your browser or device. For more information on deleting or controlling cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect through our Sites to:
- provide products to you that you have requested;
- respond to and communicate with you about your messages;
- if you allow us to, contact you and provide you with informational and marketing materials, coupon programs and clinical trial and other study opportunities related to your condition, treatment or our products by any means of communication, including but not limited to text, e-mail, mail, or telephone;
- enroll you in, and provide you with, programs and services that you may request;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements.
Additionally, we may aggregate information collected from you with the information of others who visit the Sites in order to generate aggregated information that does not contain any identifying information about you, including information that has undergone anonymization, encryption or tokenization of personal information (“Aggregated Information”). Aggregated Information may be used for purposes such as:
- helping us improve, develop, and evaluate products, services, materials and programs related to your condition or treatment;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business;
- perform data analyses and other processing (including scientific, market and consumer research, trend analysis and financial analysis).
In addition, we may use information collected online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as managing our business. We also may use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our Sites, identify users of our Sites, and gather demographic information about our users. We may use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on web pages of our Sites, how users navigate through our Sites, and how we may tailor our Sites to better meet the needs of our users.
We also may use the information we collect about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We may use third party web analytics services on our Sites, such as those of Google Analytics. These services help us analyze how users use our Sites. When your computer requests a page on the Sites, the following types of information are collected for Web analytics: the originating IP address, the date and time of the request, the type of browser used and the page(s) visited. Such data may be used to estimate the number of people that are using the Sites and their geographic location, to track the pages of the Sites that are being visited, to improve the functionality of the Sites or to determine whether certain aspects of the Sites require refinement. Please note that no personal information will be collected. The information generated by Google Analytics will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Sites, compiling reports on Site activity for site developers and providing other services relating to site activity and internet usage. Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
Certain web browsers allow you to instruct your browser to send Do Not Track ("DNT") signals to websites you visit, informing those sites that you do not want your online activities to be tracked. We do not track visitors to our Sites individually or across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising, and therefore our Sites do not respond to "Do Not Track" signals or similar mechanisms received from browsers.
Information We Share
Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
How to Contact Us